MOA Receives Award for Website
April 16th, 2013
The Wake Forest Museum of Anthropology (MOA) received a North Carolina Museums Council (NCMC) Award of Excellence for website design during the NCMC Annual Meeting in Raleigh. NCMC Awards of Excellence recognize, encourage and promote outstanding achievement in the museum community across the state.
The Museum of Anthropology was recognized for its new website, http://moa.wfu.edu, which was introduced to the public in May 2012. Museum staff, working closely with Wake Forest’s Office of Communications and External Relations (CER), created the site. “We are greatly indebted to CER for their technical knowledge and design skills which made it possible for us to complete this project,” said PR, Marketing and Membership Coordinator Sara Cromwell.
The website has a number of new features:
- An ‘Artifact of the Month’ feature highlights the breadth and depth of the Museum’s collections.
- A ‘Plans and Policies’ section provides the general public with insight into the Museum’s operations and museum professionals with sample documents.
- Downloadable curriculum standards and outreach kit inventories for K-12 teachers.
- Downloadable versions of exhibit scavenger hunts for teachers and parents.
- Downloadable examples of how Wake Forest professors use the Museum in their teaching.
- An interactive Google map of the Museum’s location.
The North Carolina Museums Council’s mission is to enhance public education by improving the administrative, interpretive and collections practices of museums, historic sites, science centers and related facilities in North Carolina; and to stimulate public support for the work performed by these facilities. This is the North Carolina Museums Council’s 50th year of providing a unified voice for museums and museum professionals in North Carolina.