MOA is a family-friendly attraction. Encourage your children to explore global cultures through the activities listed below.
Customized programs or variations on our school programs can also be booked for children’s groups.
Contact us at 336.758.5282 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your group’s needs.
For Summer 2015, MOA will offer three one-week sessions of “An Australian Adventure” for ages 6 to 12, and “Dots Galore” a one-day workshop for ages 12 to 16.
The Museum hosts themed family days twice a year with craft projects, hands-on activities, music and food. Learning about other cultures has never been so fun! Family days take place on Saturday afternoons, and admission is free.
MOA also sponsors occasional family workshops in which participants learn about a particular culture and complete a related craft project. There is a small fee for these workshops. Please visit the Events section of the site for information about upcoming programs.
MOA offers scavenger hunts to help children of all ages learn to look at objects in a museum setting. Download a copy below to prepare for your visit, or pick one up when you get here.
The I Spy scavenger hunt is appropriate for pre-school through elementary-aged children. It is a photo-based hunt that asks children to find specific objects or images in each exhibit.
The MOA Times scavenger hunt is appropriate for middle school-aged children and older. This hunt features mock classified ads that describe objects in the Museum. Children must use clues in each ad to identify the exhibit and the object.
SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAMS
The Museum of Anthropology offers story and craft programs in Forsyth County and other area libraries. The program for 2015 is entitled “Unmasked” and will introduce participants to different types of masks from around the world. Check the schedule to see when we’ll be near you:
- June 16, 11:00am – Southside Library
- June 18, 2:00pm – Carver School Road Library
- June 22, 10:00am – Walkertown Library (teen program)
- June 23, 2:00pm – Rural Hall Library
- June 23, 4:00pm – Kernersville Library (teen program)
- July 9, 3:30pm – Clemmons Library
- July 14, 2:00pm – Carver School Road Library (teen program)
- July 16, 3:00pm – Southside Library (teen program)
- July 21, 2:00pm – Walkertown Library (teen program)
- July 23, 4:30pm – Reynolda Manor Library (teen program)