MOA is a family-friendly attraction. Encourage your children to explore global cultures through the activities listed below.
Customized programs or variations on our school programs can also be booked for children’s groups.
Contact us at 336.758.5282 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your group’s needs.
The Museum hosts themed family days twice a year with craft projects, hands-on activities, music, and food. Learning about other cultures has never been so fun! Family days take place on Saturday afternoons, and admission is free.
MOA also sponsors occasional family workshops in which participants learn about a particular culture and complete a related craft project. There is a small fee for these workshops. Please visit the Events section of the site for information about upcoming programs.
MOA offers scavenger hunts to help children of all ages learn to look at objects in a museum setting. Download a copy below to prepare for your visit, or pick one up when you get here.
The I Spy scavenger hunt is appropriate for pre-school through elementary-aged children. It is a photo-based hunt that asks children to find specific objects or images in each exhibit. Download it here.
The MOA Times scavenger hunt is appropriate for middle school-aged children and older. This hunt features mock classified ads that describe objects in the Museum. Children must use clues in each ad to identify the exhibit and the object. Download it here.
Summer Library Programs
The Museum of Anthropology offers story and craft programs in Forsyth County and other area libraries. The elementary-age program for 2019 is entitled “Star Boy: A Blackfoot Legend” and will introduce participants to Plains Indian beliefs and the importance of the moon and stars. The teen program, “American Indian Astronomy,” will provide a more in depth look at the same topic. Both programs include American Indian artifacts from the Museum’s collections. Check the schedule to see when we’ll be near you:
- June 17, 4:00pm – Kernersville Library (teen program)
- June 19, 3:00pm – Walkertown Library (teen program)
- June 20, 10:00am – Carver School Road Library
- June 21, 10:00am – Kernersville Library
- June 26, 3:00pm – Clemmons Library (teen program)
- June 27, 2:00pm – Clemmons Library
- July 9, 3:00pm – Southside Library (teen program)
- July 10, 10:30am – Walkertown Library
- July 10, 1:00pm – Southside Library
- July 15, 2:00pm – Central Library
- July 16, 4:00pm – Kernersville Library (teen program)
- July 17, 11:00am – Central Library (teen program)
- July 18, 10:00am – Carver School Road Library (teen program)
- July 25, 10:30am – Reynolda Manor Library